Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mercy29 Organization

just watched a video that rocked my life... The Birth of Mercy29 INDIA

WOW!!! I want to be a Doer of the WORD!

This organization was recently founded for the sole purpose of being the hands and feet of Jesus. Here is a description from their website! I encourage you to check it out!:

We are reasonably employed by Jesus to investigate the case of those we do not know giving hope along with a future. Our heart is to deliver the poor that have no helper by sponsoring orphans and rescuing widows, as well as helping entire families suffering from systemic poverty. We build homes and Christian churches, facilitate schools in poor communities, and seek holistic transformation in the world’s most forgotten cities and villages.

We’re currently serving in two nations, Mozambique Africa and Andhra Pradesh India. In Africa, Mercy29 exist as a micro-community project helping several families. In India, we’re spread out amongst 6 children’s homes, caring mostly for orphans and elderly widows.

-Mercy29 (Website)


They also had this scripture on their site that completely put things in perspective for me:
Job 29:11-17
"For when the ear heard, it called me blessed, and when the eye saw, it gave witness of me, because I delivered the poor who cried for help, and the orphan who had no helper. The blessing of the one ready to perish came upon me, and I made the widow’s heart sing for joy. I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; my justice was like a robe and a turban. I was eyes to the blind And feet to the lame. I was a father to the needy, and I investigated the case which I did not know. I broke the jaws of the wicked and snatched the prey from his teeth."


God, I pray that I can move past my own selfishness in order to see Your will be done in Nepal and India this summer. I am in desperate need of a constant understanding of the oppression and injustice around the world! I want to bring YOUR love and gift of salvation to those places that are forgotten. I want to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, pray for the sick and DO GREATER WORKS so that Your Kingdom will be glorified! Help my eyes to see the need...help my heart respond...order my feet to take ACTION and GO!!! Proverbs 25:25 "Good news from far away is like cold water to the thirsty."

No comments:

Post a Comment