Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ready, Set, FUNDRAISE!!!

Last summer, when I was preparing for my mission trip to South Africa, I realized quickly that I needed help. I had come so far in my own strength and neede God's direction. He directed me to reach out to others! Why?? Because it was humbling, it was comforting, and I truly saw God's church in action as people banned together to help me prepare for my trip. People were buying things on my packing list, helping me set up fundraisers, etc. The support I found by just reaching out was tremendous! I needed people around me to encourage me for this trip, pray for this trip, and also help me plan for this trip! They came in handy when I would get discouraged and want to give up.



This also translated over into fundraising aspect of my trip because I found that the more people I got on board the less pressure was on each individual to raise the full amount. $4000 was overwhelming to tell people, however, with smaller goals, like $20, $50, etc for a person to help me raise. For instance, with the Pringles fundraiser I did (raising about $400) I had 11 friends going around campus, work, etc, collecting change and it became something fun and challenging for us all. With a little healthy competition sprinkled here and there =) This I believe built camaraderie and we were able to talk about successes and failures with each fundraiser and support each other through it! Before we knew it, the total was inching away, piece by piece.



This got me thinking - if I create a team of supporters who are willing to raise a certain amount of money by a deadline for this summer, that opens the arena up for many different ideas to flow as well as the same team force that I believe helped mobilize me last summer! I have ideas, but instead letting everyone choose how they want to raise the money they commit to bringing in.



I'm sure you are thinking - COMMITMENT = PRESSURE but I say that this is not the case. This commitment gives a working goal and creates focus for an end goal. This helps me mobilize people to raise $ quicker and to a level they are comfortable with. If you commit to raising $100 over 6 months that could equate to getting 5 people to donate $10 every three months! or babysitting, or commit to hosting 1 bake sale for my trip and donate those earnings. Basically, just mini fundraisers going on that will empower my supporters to step on the water and see what God can do with what we give HIM!

So if you are interested in helping me fundraise for my mission trip and have an idea of how you would like to contribute please contact me!

rhemma.payne@gmail.com
Rhemma Snikiwe Payne on FB
doves_eyes_85 on twitter

rEaDy SeT gO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment