Monday, January 10, 2011

New Year - New Opportunities!!

Happy New Year everyone!


I have some UBER great news to share with you all!!!

This summer I have the most wonderful opportunity to go on another mission trip with Global Expeditions (Teen Mania) to Nepal and India for 2 months! Last summer I went to South Africa and got to co-lead a team of 20 teens on day-to-day ministry in the squatter camps in Diepsloot and Kya Sands outside of Johannesburg.Watch my video - South Africa 2010


This year, I will also be co-leading a team of teens as we share the gospel with rescued victims of sex trafficking as well as those we meet on the street in Nepal and India. We will be using several ministry tools and I am praying for the words to say as I share my testimony and experiences to encourage those we meet.


I am thrilled to go on this trip for several reasons, but the most important reason being that between Nepal and India combined, there are less than 3% practicing Christians in those countries! We have WORK to do to bring the gospel to the ends of the earth.


Both Nepal and India are in what is called the "10/40" window. What is the 10/40 Window?:


"The 10/40 Window is an area of the world that contains the largest population of non-Christians in the world. The area extends from 10 degrees to 40 degrees North of the equator, and stretches from North Africa across to China."(source).


"The 10/40 Window is a term coined by Christian missionary strategist Luis Bush in 1990to refer those regions of the eastern hemisphere located between 10 and 40 degrees north of the equator, a general area that in 1990 was purported to have the highest level of socioeconomic challenges and least access to the Christian message and Christian resources on the planet."(source)


Our team will be leaving June 13th and returning August 4th, 2011! We are all very thrilled for this opportunity while at the same time, very sober about the poverty and deprived situations we will see while there. We are wanting to see God do the miraculous and impossible this summer! Please believe with me that I will raise all the money necessary to go! Pray for my spiritual walk to be strengthened in preparation to go overseas this summer!


There are several ways that you can help mobilize me and support my mission trip this summer:


1. PRAY
2. Support Financially
3. Fundraise with me! =)
4. Spread the word - invite people to follow my blog; Join my facebook group; Follow me: Twitter

Financial Breakdown:
Trip Goal: 2,520.00 (Cost, Materials, Airfare, etc)
Total Raised: $435.00


Remainder Cost: $2,085.00


To Donate:
Missionary ID#: 2599247
1. Phone: 1.866.545.6239 and ask to donate to a missionary account
2. Online: visit GE website donation page and search by my missionary id 2599247
3. Mail a check made out to Teen Mania Ministries to me (email me for address)
*Note for your check to be tax deductible - you cannot put my name anywhere on the check, but you should put my missionary ID!
4. Donate directly through my PayPal account: rhemma.payne@gmail.com OR Check out my sidebar for the link -->


If you are interested in helping me implement my fundraising plan please email me as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment