Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Great Commission....

Hey,

I made it safely to South Africa! A couple of my flights were very hard to get through because of turbulence but that makes it even more exciting that I am here! God is sooo faithful!

Well my internet time is limited so I'm going to jump right into it!


Last night our whole project (about 62 people) met to have a commissioning service. Based out of the Great Commission found in Matthew 28:16-20 - our project directors gave us a message and allowed all the Team Leaders to pray and commission each member on our team. God gave me so much insight and Words of knowledge for some of my team members so I pray that they consider God's voice and take those words and RUN with them! There is so much power in God's WORD and when HE speaks to us specifically - I believe that this is what determines the course of life for these teens. My team is a little older than some of the other teams with our youngest being 14 but average around 18/19!

Today was our first day of ministry and part of my team was responsible for doing the Vacation Bible School lesson today! Although we only had 1-2 days of training we just kinda went for it! I commend my team for just stepping up and getting it done.

We set up in the middle of an alley and began to gather some kids. My team just went for it - playing "football" with the kids and talking to the parents. We are so excited to be here and ministering to God's children! The kids were so responsive and towards the end we just started dancing and singing with them while one of my team members shared the gospel with the mothers that were gathered around watching. She got to pray for a couple of women for the first time in this type of setting and she was excited about it for the whole rest of the day! That was an awesome feeling for me to find joy in my team's success! Often I wanted to jump in but my co-leader and I just stood back today and let them go at it and they rocked it!!! I can't wait for MORE!

My prayer:
God - I ask for a boldness for my team members! From one day of ministry they already reported 6 salvations! I also ask for those who are still battling the decision to truly live for God; that YOU would set their feet in a stance and position of victory to continue to stand firm for YOU and all that YOU represent!

No comments:

Post a Comment